Wednesday 19 October 2011

Shimmery Petals & Pearls

It's great if you have a couple friends that have Magnolia stamps too, then you can share the images without having to buy them all at once (because you always want more than you can afford).
I'm not sure which Tilda this stamp is, but she looks like a princess to me.
The pattern paper in the background  is BoBunny. The lace Ribbon border punch is from Stampin' Up!
& The flower are from spotlight.  

To make the flowers match the colours in the card, I used white flowers &
coloured  them with  the copic marker  I used in the dress:  RV42 Salmon Pink.
First I outlined the flower petals with the brush tip, then I coloured the whole flower in using the chisel end. This was just to add a darker edge to the petals.

Then I sprayed them with white frost shimmer paint (to add sparkle).

When the flowers dried I stuck them onto the card using mini glue dots then added a pearl .

To make the little tag, I used the hand crafted stamp from Stampin' up's Tiny Tag's set. First I coloured the little heart in with pink (Calypso Coral) marker, using the brush tipped end. 

Then coloured the words with the brush tip end of the black marker. 

Stamped it onto white card stock.

Then punch it out using the Jewelry Tag punch.

To add interest, I sponged the edges of the tag with Light pink ink (Blushing Bride), punched a hole in it, threaded some cotton through it & tied it onto the lace border. 

Of course I had coloured the Magnolia stamp with copic markers the night before I put the card together, so I never took any photo's of those steps -sorry : (
But I do remember what copic colours I used though.  

Skin: E50, E51, E53 + RV42- for blush, using the tip-to-tip technique.

Hair: Y11, E53, E50, E31 + 0- colourless blender.

Crown: W-3, W-1 + RV42- for jewels. + Spika (sparkle).

Dress, Gloves & Shoes: RV42, R00 + 0-colourless blender.

Oh & the lace ribbon border punch is in Calypso Coral, 
& the oval layer & square layer are both Taken with Teal .

No comments:

Post a Comment